Triiodothyronine (T3) Test, Purpose And Control

Triiodothyronine, also called T3, is a thyroid hormone. It affects almost every physical process in the body, including development and metabolism, body temperature and heart rate.

The production of T3 and its prohormone thyroxine (T4) is activated by thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), which is freed from the anterior pituitary gland. This passage is part of a closed-loop reaction process: T3, and high concentrations of T4 in the blood plasma prevents the production of TSH in the anterior pituitary gland. Since the concentration of these hormones decreases, the anterior pituitary gland increases the production of TSH, and through these processes, the reaction reaction system stabilizes the amount of thyroid hormones present in the blood stream.

Triiodothyronine is true hormone. Its effect on target tissues is almost four times more powerful than T4. In the produced thyroid hormone, approximately 20% is T3, whereas 80% is produced as T4. About 85% of circulation T3 is made later in the liver and anterior pituitary by removing iodine atoms from the carbon atom number five of the outer ring of T4. In any case, the concentration of T3 in human blood plasma is one-fourth of T4. Half life of T3 is about 2.5 days. Half life of T4 is approximately 6.5 days.

What is Triiodothyronine?
Triiodothyronine thyroid hormone is an active form of thyroxine. Approximately 20% of Triiodothyronine is secretly hidden in the blood stream by thyroid gland. The remaining 80% is caused by the conversion of thyroxine by the organs such as the liver and kidneys. Thyroid hormones play an important role in regulating the body’s metabolic rate, heart and digestive function, muscle control, brain development and functioning, and bone maintenance.

Also Read:  Tramadol Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions

How is Triiodothyronine controlled?
The production and release of thyroid hormone, thyroxine and Triiodothyronine are controlled by the feedback loop containing the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and thyroid gland. The activation of thyroid hormones is controlled in the body tissues such as the liver, brain and kidney, which is called enzyme by the enzymes, which activate thyroxine in the active form of triangulation. In this body, most body circulation triangulation (about 80%) is produced.

Thyroid hormone production system is regulated by feedback loop so that when thyroid hormone levels of thyroxine and Triiodothyronine growth, they both leave thyrotropin-releasing hormone from the pituitary gland, both hypothalamus and thyroid stimulating hormone. This system allows the body to maintain continuous levels of thyroid hormone in the body.

What happens if I have too many Triiodothyronine?
Thyrotoxicosis is the name of the condition in which people have too much thyroid hormone in the blood stream. It may be due to hyperthyroidism such as grave disease, thyroid swelling or benign tumors. Thyrotoxicosis can be detected by a goiter, which is due to the expansion of the thyroid causing swelling of the neck. Other symptoms of Thyrotoxicosis include heat intolerance, weight loss, increased appetite, increased irregular movement, irregular menstrual cycle, fast or irregular heartbeats, tilt, weariness, irritability, shivering, hair slender / eyelid and retrograde of the eyelids. , Which resulted in “presence”

What happens if I have very little Triiodothyronine?
Hypothyroidism is the term for the production of very low thyroid hormones by thyroid gland. This can be due to autoimmune diseases (such as Hashimoto’s disease), very bad iodine intake or some medicines. Since thyroid hormones are necessary for physical and mental development, the inability to learn and decrease in development as a result of hypothyroidism untreated before birth and during childhood.

Also Read:  Vimovo Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions

Hypothyroidism in adults, such as fatigue, intolerance in cold temperatures, low heart rate, weight gain, hunger, poor memory, depression, muscular stiffness and low reproduction ability, in older adults. See the article on hypothyroidism for more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *